The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
cooperhw

Meet Homer

Like the title says, Meet Homer. He is my newest member of the family. He is a 68 Chevy C30 with a frame at least a mile long. Currently has a "Open Road" motorhome (hence the name Homer) on him. I went over 350 miles yesterday to get him and haul him home. 5 hours to get there, 13 hours to get home. Longgggggggggggggggg slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww trip home. My car trailer was way overmatched. Glad I made it.
Now down to Homer. Bought him to strip the rotten motorhome off him and shorten him up a bit, and probably put a flat bed on the back.
has less than 70,000 miles on the 327 motor and a new turbo hydramatic transmission.
Body is really nice and completely rust free. Has one dented front fender that made be able to be hammered out. Interior is dusty bet really clean. Don't even think it needs a new dash pad. have not cleaned it out yet, that starts tomorrow morning.
I will consider this the beginning of the build thread.
I am planning/hoping to be able to keep Homer as original as possible after sorting out. I will post more pictures as I go.
Attached Images

cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote