The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
notchbackgta

Suburban rear AC retrofit

I have gone back a lot of pages looking at all the AC threads and I haven't really found anything regarding retrofitting rear AC into the Suburbans. Mine has neither and, for survival, I need AC. I will put in a Classic Auto Air in the front, but I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to find a factory AC for the rear.
I am wondering what factory units from later vehicles may have been fitted by other people? I looked at a rear AC unit from a 90's Burb, but it looks like it sticks out too far and it blows the air up through a duct in the C-D pillar, whichever. But if someone has made that work somehow I'll give it a try.

And please don't say to use Google, been there already. I think disabling the search on the site was the worst possible thing they could have done, it cripples you if you only want to search one specific forum. Without being told, I know why they did it though

Last edited by notchbackgta; 02-16-2015 at 06:42 PM.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote