The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2015, 02:02 AM   #1
josueh95

1976 c10 shorted build, ls swap

hey guys been using this forum since i got my c10 so i thought id post a build thread of the progress ive made with it and future progress i will have.
To start off its a 1976 c10 shorted "trailering Edition" which i believe is not too common, comes with a towing package on a 1/2 ton short bed so i thought that was pretty cool. I paid 1700 for the truck back in august 2014 and the truck did not have much major rust, basically the usual common areas.
Im currently a full time college student and also working full time so i don't get much time to work on the truck as i wish i could, but its been coming along slowly but surely
now onto the pics

the day i got the truck.

began to strip the truck down

it came with 15x8 slotted mag wheels which i thought was awesome!

original carpet and interior in pretty good shape

came with a 350/350 engine/tranny but tranny was slipping, eighter way i was planning on doing a 5.3/4l60e swap.

decided to use por15 for my chasis and suspension parts. Love the finish and sticks amazing to rusted surfaces, bare metal, not soo good.

refinished both the tanks, i usedd rustoleum hammered, has a good strong finish and i liked the texture it has

started to break apart the front suspension, used new balljoints and tie rods, Djm 2.5 spindles

picked this 5.3/4l60e combo with 80k miles harness pcm and fuse box included for 900.

started tearing apart the accesories

removed the crossmember and wire wheeled it all to get all the old oil and dirt off

used rustoleum hammered for the crossmember

went with dirty dingo mounts

coated the lower control arms

used por15 engine enamel to coat the block and valve covers, color is chevrolet red

soon il have her rolling again, the engine is going to get a tsp 220r cam, longtube or midlength headers, 3200 stall, and supporting bolt ons. let me know what you guys think, tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated, links, part #s Aswell. once i get to the fuel system some help would be great on getting the right lines and fittings.
josueh95 is offline   Reply With Quote