The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2015, 12:44 AM   #1
LukeNuke

Rebuild of 59 fleetside

Hi y'all. New guy here. Finally getting around to rebuilding my old 59 Apache fleetside. This truck was my very first set of wheels! After turning an old "Sanford and son" look alike truck into something a 16 yr old wanted to be seen in, sure was nice! But after wrecking it in the late 90's the old girl sat in the barn for 17 yrs. I found a donor truck to sit with her for about 15 yrs. so now is the time to start the project again. I will be needing some advice from time to time so your knowledge is greatly appreciated. The first time I did this there was no internet, so less magazines to clutter the table! I am going to start with asking the question on IFS. Not sure I want to shell out the cash for the nice fancy kit to bolt or weld right on, but I'm not sure what other salvaged vehicles will be easy to to put right under my 59 either. Also how much could I look at spending for let's say an old Camero suspension that would convert, also if I have to replace bushings etc. would I be money ahead if I just got the nice kit premanufactured? More questions to follow on other topics, but we will start here. Hope to get some pics up in a few days. Some of the original project in the 90's, and some of the current mess! You input is appreciated!
LukeNuke is offline   Reply With Quote