The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2015, 01:56 AM   #1
mattbert56

the leftovers... 55 short bed chevy patina hot rod.

So I usually reside in the 60-66 section. but I'm wondering astray. Hah. This is a project I am having a group of young individuals helping me with, I figured I would supply the knowledge of how to build cars. And they supply a helping hand. The finished truck will be a parts go getter for this group. And also a hot rod in the hiding. Plans are to use my old 65 c20 frame with a 55 cab and bed. Need to shorten the frame. Lower the front jack up the rear. But also put a c chanel in the back. I want this thing to be able to get looooooow. Not frame laying low. But lower. Getting a junkyard motor. Preferably a big ol Cadillac motor. Some transmission. Doesn't matter to us. And looking for a 6 lug rear with a posi. Have a full set of slotted mags that are 6 lug which would look slick on this build. Also we're planning on keeping the patina. The picture posted isn't the best to show it. But the other side is horrible. Now all we need is 2 fenders and two doors..hint hint. Doesn't matter the condition. *HINT HINT*. anyhow..The actual 55, my buddy is building for his wife. He has another cab painted and ready to go. So the group gets the leftover parts to play with hah The kids should have fun. Fab work may not be to pretty, but that's not what this build is about. It's about teaching younger youth that there's more to life than an X box remote. And that turning a few wrenches is good for them. Hopefully everyone enjoys. Sorry it's not so.e insane build but hope it's a fun one. if I can hit that mark. Well then we are going to be sitting in phat city friends
Attached Images

1965 k20 buikd thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=628346&page=6

Last edited by mattbert56; 03-27-2015 at 02:11 AM.
mattbert56 is offline   Reply With Quote