The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
danrduc

Newbie questions frame swap

Hi, I am the Newbie with a recent acquisition of a 69 c10 swb, 5ltr, th350.
I found a C4 front suspension pkg, and then happened on C4 rear axle/suspension assembly. I had been thinking about dropped spindles and notched frame in the rear, but now I am thinking about C4 stuff on my c10.
The wood is out of the bed, and while I was looking at it and thinking C4, less and less of the existing frame seemed useful.
I think getting a frame and putting the C4 suspension on it would be much better than cutting up a perfectly good 89 c10 SWB frame. I can use any frame short or long wheelbase that my cab and fenders will readily bolt onto.
I have been trying to find which frames would easily fit my 69 c10 cab, but haven't yet found the correct search language. I know 67-72 will work, 60-67 would need work at the front of the frame.
How about 73-87, the cross members interchange, what about the cabs?
Thanks for any help just getting started on this, put a jeep gas tank behind the rear axle and installed some bucket seats already. I was getting ready to redo the bed floor and C4 visions popped into my head.
danrduc is offline   Reply With Quote