The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Hello Guys!!
Things are starting to move forward again on my build!

After a long, cold, Michigan winter, the weather is finally starting to get nicer!
I had an opportunity yesterday to apply clear to the backside & edges of my bed-wood to seal it off, so I took advantage of it! Then as luck would have it, I had some spare time today, so I flipped them over and cleared the front of the boards!
I had planned on wet-sanding & rubbing the finish anyways, so I thought that I would clear it and let it sit a week, then sand it & spray an additional coat or two, then scuff, & buff it.
I ended up spraying 4 coats of clear, letting the first two tack-up well between coats, then sprayed the third & fourth pretty wet, as I wasn't very worried if it happened to run...
The pictures do not do the wood justice, but it turned out better than I thought it would.
Here are some pics!!!

I also ordered an Accuair e-level air management system this week from Travis @ ProPerformance, so hopefully I can get that installed before buttoning-up the bed-wood....Getting closer to the finish line!!!!!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote