The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2015, 02:37 PM   #1
dhamilton62

better late then never....62 C10 "build"

Well, I figured I've been on this forum for quite some time now and it's the best site hands down. Everyone on here is amazing and without the members here, I'd be doomed for sure. So, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Also I figured I'd make a build thread to show you all my appreciation and evidence of the knowledge I've gained from you all, but also to show the slow feeble attempt I have at getting this truck to the daily driver life it deserves! By no means will it be a show truck, but just one that is happy to roll down the road, as I am to drive it.

Here she is as I bought it about 9 months ago for a real good deal. Wish I had more pictures of the truck and the amazing "custom mods" that the previous owner did, but I'm slowly fixing all that as time and money allow.

My plan was perfect to go buy it......kinda. My ride fell through and the seller was only going to give me a deal if I bought it that day, so I jumped in my car, tools in hand ( the owner wasn't sure it would make it back to Oakland ) and off I went. I bought the truck after a questionable test drive ( was too excited to think better ) and right when I was leaving, the one time it rains in California, it pours. Without any headlights, wipers, or even a friend to follow me, I took off down the dark wet highway and 2 hours later made it home! We bonded on that death ride home, she didn't kill me and for that, I decided to devote any of my extra money, time and bloody knuckles for this truck!
dhamilton62 is offline   Reply With Quote