The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #26
kdubaz

Re: Looking for Trucks for '67-'72 C10 Restoration Book

Hey everyone, I just wanted to update you all on the project.

After 8 months and 35,000 words, I found myself in a rough situation. Thanks to the contributions of some amazing board members, including Lee and Mark, I had a lot of great pictures that I could use for the book. Mark was also kind enough to invite me to his home to photograph his truck for the cover, and the shots turned out amazing. But what I needed was more that I could take myself, specifically of each step of the process. And what I found was that here, at least among the people I knew and networked with, was that it was difficult to find '67-'72s that I could photograph.

So after debating this a lot, my publisher and I decided to hold off on the '67-'72 book. I've put in a lot of work on the project, and I'm not bailing on it because I don't want to quit. It is, however, on hold for the moment.

Instead, we've shifted gears. I'm now deep into a restroration book on the '73-'87 trucks, which I've found a lot more of locally. Thanks to the help of people like Dino, Joe at Squarebody and so many more, I've got a good head of steam on that book, and it's coming along nicely. I do still need help, however, so I will be posting up something similar to my original post to reach out to the community.

I do want to thank everyone that helped me with the '67-'72 book. I apologize that it's not moving forward as quickly as I liked, but I do intend on completing it as soon as possible. Should more trucks in my area show up in the next few months, I'll be sure to photograph them and get every detail I can. And if you own one of these trucks, feel free to reach out via PM and we'll figure something out.

Again, thanks.
kdubaz is offline   Reply With Quote