The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #11
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty - Junction Block & Positive Battery Cable

then I visited this '73 where I thought I could score the radiator core support, it looked all shinny and black, I was guessing the truck was recently repaired in the front, but... only to remove every bolt but one, you guessed it the rusty one under the battery tray in the bottom lowest corner, that's when I realized that although all the metal is there, the lip in the corner is paper thin, the rust has already gotten to it, so I passed on it, although unscrewing all those 50 screws was hecka fun

I did walk away with this junction block, but Greg we didn't realize you needed one? Well I sorta drove the truck to work with the wiring harness loosened up from the firewall and I smelled plastic burning on the way home, and then I found out it was my old junction block melting on the ol' exhaust manifold

I also picked up a proper Positive Battery Cable ($2.50) with a RED terminal, I wich the entire cable was red, but I will settle for at least a red tip, that way if the wifey has to jump start me one day she won't cross the jumper cables
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote