The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #11
bruceman1968

Re: factory grease pencil marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARNHARDT#3 View Post
I always think it's funny when I see these markings. That would've been the first thing I did is clean them off when I brought the truck home. But nowadays it's a big deal to see them on there. And then you see people put the marks back on after a respray too.
I'll bet lot's of owners did that. And many of the dealers did to. In the late 70s I had a job at the local Dodge dealership in new car get ready. We not only washed and vacuumed the cars/trucks, we also cleaned the markings off to. Even painted over any paint marks that were visible. The owner of the dealership was a stickler for selling clean detailed vehicles, so we not only cleaned and detailed the new vehicles, we also cleaned and detailed the used vehicles. Back in the day, I wiped off a lot of factory markings from some 60s/70s mopar muscle cars, that were taken in on trade. (Don't tell the dodge boys)