The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
mrdurden

Project: Just get it "reliably" functional...

Hello ya'll! I've been a member for quite a while, though it's tough to tell just going by the amount of posts I have. Now it's time to add to my post count by starting my own build project. Teardown actually started many years ago but was a very slow process due to, honestly, my neglect.

Now, my lovely wife and I are looking to move somewhere with more green and water. On the list of preferred places are Colorado, Utah, Missouri and a few other states. Wherever we decide to go, I want the '67 driven there, not towed.

Also, the sooner we move, the better. My wife is a teacher and would prefer moving during the summer. I'd rather buy some land and temporarily live in our tiny house on wheels as I build our foundation house, as opposed to paying a mortgage on a house we don't really like.

But all that is just a side note and not really why I'm posting. This rebuild will be about functionality over presentability. Meaning it will not look pretty, but it will run reliably and safely. A thorough rebuild will take place once we have settled in at our new destination.

So on to the patient: a 1967 c10 that my dad gave me when I was 16. I was with him when he bought it somewhere in Missouri in '85. So I've had it for 19 years and it's been in the family for 30. It is my first vehicle and I'm not getting rid of it. Another side note: To repay my dad, I eventually bought him a 1968 CST c10 that he's currently rebuilding.

Posting the build here is mostly for my own record and to keep me on track but is also to make me a more active member and to socialize a bit. If you would like pics of anything or more info, just ask. Thanks to anyone who checks it out.