The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Louisianagmfs

85 c10 ls swapped redo

I just recently bought a 1985 c10 stepside locally and I'm going to start the mod process on it real soon. Its a Scottsdale package and original color of apple red, it was repainted a few years back it looks to be the original color. The body is in excellent shape all original sheet metal with no rust anywhere, its the cleanest sheetmetal I've seen on a square since i have been looking. The paint job is a good for a driver, I will be repainting the whole truck in the near future.

The interior is all the stock pieces which were burgundy redied black, the dash just has one of the plastic covers on it. Guages are all autometer procomps on a modified stock bezel.

As for the drivetrain a previous owner also had the 305 and th350 pulled and replaced with a 5.3 and 4l60e from an 02 truck. That work was done by a local race shop. I was told it has an ls6 cam and ported heads, but the can sounds like stock to me. I wasn't worried that wasn't why I bought the truck. The rear has some sort of limited slip and 3.73 gears in the stock 10 bolt. The suspension is lowered looks like 2 or 2.5" spindles and a dropped coil on front, and the rear has a hanger and shackle combo.

My plans are to fix all the issues and make it a nice daily driver. I've put about 1000 miles on it in 2 months and the ac is the only real problem but it seems to have been a leaky Schrader valve on the low side connection. I also had to put an electric speedo from autometer to work with the 4l60e. The truck with be lowered more on a 20 or 22 inch setup, and I want to clean the interior and engine bay up. I started installing sound deadening on the inside and will put a headliner and all the stock trim that goes with it soon.

As of 7/13 I started the process of converting to a fleet side. I will be swapping the bed from an 81 I had. The paint has to be stripped and one patch panel where the exhaust is located. Other than that its a solid bed. I'm sure after I have the bed on and painted I'll want to paint the rest.

Louisianagmfs is offline   Reply With Quote