The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
2mas

Overseas 1965 C10

Hi guys,
Just got myself another project.. Its a 65 C10 LWB, BBW, Texas barn find.
The truck has been sitting in a garage for 23 years. Almost rust free and straight as an arrow, with the patina I wanted. Bought it on a road trip with my 76 years old father! 5000 miles in 8 days..
There is a small rust hole in the front left cab corner, and a poor repair on rear left cab corner. Otherwise it looks really nice! This is my 4th C10 (64-66), my previous truck can be seen below.

I'm currently living in Boston and planning to make the truck drivable before I bring it back to Sweden when I move back next year.

Build plans/wish list...

Suspension/Wheels
I'm going with bags and steel wheels, 20" or 22". Would like to use Porterbuilt, but I'll see how my budget turns out.. I'm definitely getting disc brakes, brake booster, drop spindels, new rack pinion, power steering.

Motor/Trans
Have not really decided what to do yet. Still have my 2007 Duramax donor truck sitting (GMC Savanna). Great donor since it is 2WD and the smaller gearbox. It also have brand new injectors. Would be nice with an LS engine also.. I have a 2010 Camaro SS with a Whipple supercharger that would be nice in the truck! Difficult to find LS3 engines though. I want to have automatic trans. Have stick in the Camaro, but I want the smoother ride in the truck.

Body
Going to leave it for now, add some nice trim and bumpers. Porterbuilt hood hinges.

Interior
Would like to do something to remind me of an early 60s Impala interior, completely red maybe!

I would appreciate input from you guys that have done Duramax swaps.
Attached Images

2008 volvo XC70 diesel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=677577
2mas is offline   Reply With Quote