The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

i have been working on the rear of the truck. trying to get all the stuff that is way easier to do with no bed done while there is no bed. not the most glamorous stuff, so i dont have much in the way of fun pics. but here are some

i made this bracket up quick one night. not really helping the rear area much, but it was bothering me just dangling aroung

i made up the fuel lines to get fuel out of the tank into the pre-filter and A1000 and on to the hard line on the frame.

i thought i had a picture of the underneath, but i guess i didnt upload it. more on that later.

i also wanted to build the return flex, but as luck would have it i couldnt... i ordered a handful fittings and hose several months back, more like a year probably. it was just some stuff i figured i would need when this all got underway. i went to open my bag of #6 ptfe hose and it was labeled as #6 all the way but i ended up with a coil of #8. so i have plenty of #8 but no return line for now. that order will probably go out today so i can get more of the plumbing done.

these got finished at the color shop

ceramic coated calipers.

here is a box of goodies to go inside whenever i get bored.

finished building power wires for the trailer harness circuits and fuel pump relays.

the fuel sender leads are going to be impossible to access with the bed installed so i made a pigtail with a metric-pac connector to be able to drop the fuel tank without a tether.

loomed the harnesses as well and clamped them in. one is rear truck lighting the other is the trailer harness. i'll build a pigtail for the rear lights. right now it is in a metric-pac connector stubbed out for the split to the lights. waiting on the bed to make the final harness.

this is basically done, waiting on the cover plate i have not bent up yet. still some loom and clamp to do as well.

getting ready to build main power cables, so i set up a pair of circuit breakers to protect all of the power cables.

this hunk of unobtainium showed up

there was a slight alignment issue that caused this to happen

the splines on the bar got out of clock when it was built. i called RuffStuff and they sent me a new sway bar end package that day. its lame that it didnt line up perfectly, but as always ruffstuff didnt hesitate to make it right. they have the bars machined out of house and changed the procedures for the machining after this happened. it only makes sense to replace the arm and not the bar. the bar is a rather expensive alloy and has a 2 week lead time. no biggy and hopefully i'll have the arm finished at the first of the week so i can paint and install it next week.

hopefully i can get most of the loose ends in the rear area tied up soon and get back on the other things i abandoned to work on all this stuff.

in other exciting news, this arrived at work

it is a beast!

it is a DMG/Mori-Seiki 5 axis 50cm table mill. i am excited to see what it makes.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote