The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Kw69

New guy with a 69 C10 but engine block question....

Hey guys awesome board, glad to have picked up an almost restored 69 C10 long bed... Question that I have is concerning what supposed to be the original engine. The engine in question is blue in color... But the block casting number is 3956618... Now it's out of the truck with a fresh 350 installed by the previous owner.. I can't see the engine Vin number it appears to be worn or scratched off many years ago.. It appears to be pitted really bad in that area. Now when I bought the truck the guy said that it's the original engine... But blue in color??? I thought it was supposed to be orange... Also the distributor itself shows a number that was meant for a 300HP block.. That number is 1111500. So I can't seem to find a vin on this engine, got the previous owner telling me that its original but it's blue?? Though the casting number shows it to be from a 69 Vette, camaro, or full sized? What ur thoughts? Anything else that I need to look for? Sorry for such a long post. Thanks guys in advanced. BTW I will post pics later but it's a 69 CST with power steering and no power assisted breaks... Got a 3 speed on the floor converted from the column... Love this truck....
Posted via Mobile Device
Kw69 is offline   Reply With Quote