The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
amberkalvin

Project "insert catchy name here" TBD

Well, I sold my CC Dually.... but all is well, provided some funds to acquire more tools and another project.

The Good: No Rust! (let me elaborate a bit, no real rust, except the driver cab corner, I can tell they Fiberglassed it in a small sport) No Bondo! (from what I could tell, there may be a small spot here or there, but we'll find out once we dig in)

One owner had it for twenty something years, the second owner is who I bought it from. Not sure if it is a 305 or 350, but other than the normal tune up things, it runs pretty good. Needs Vacuum advance fixed or something, maybe carb cleaned. Sputters bad when floored, but if you ease into it, it rips pretty good.

First on the list is to fix small things:

Headlight Relay Mod
Make sure Fuel Gauge works lol (been there done that)
Basic Tune Up/Oil Change
Speedometer
Oil Press. gauge
wipers (new motor and wipers work, but continuously squirts whenever wipers are on)
polish glass (currently hazy)
Get tunes working
Slowly but surely work on paint (does anyone have a recommendation for a good epoxy primer that I could get in a can? preferably in white.)
Clean
Clean
Clean!
Clean More!

Any Recommendations for Mods/Upgrades Should be done? I want to drive this truck while working on it so a complete teardown probably isn't going to happen for a long while. Next year I may be looking into LS options for engine so not looking to do much as far as that is concerned.

The project after I drove it home:

Now I know what you're thinking.... Why buy a truck with a Moonroof? Well, the deal was right, and the Moonroof was installed by the original owner by a shop here in town that does awesome work! Would I rather have one without, of course! But since it doesn't leak, i'll roll with it for a while and worst case scenario I'll skin the roof.

Inspiration:
1989 Suburban 2500 L83 6L80

(https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=818822)
amberkalvin is offline   Reply With Quote