The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #10
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So, where were we....???

Aaahhh yes, had left El Dorado, headed from Winfield, Kansas.

Got to Herbs ranch in the early evening as we were still using back roads to avoid the dead boredom of bombing along straight motorways.

Pic taken earlier the day, mainly for all the fans of "Big Bang Theory"

Another random image, out of context and sequence, but really good food and value we had one evening on the road (possibly in Texas)

Another one of my traditionally favourite views.... School busses.

We did see one short bus. I liked it.

When we got to Herbs it was unpack, relax and just take in all of his "hoarding" and collecting.

He is a lover of old Americana, and his special interest is Coca Cola items, he showed us a couple of items that I believe could be off the scale for collectibility and rarity, which I will not post up here.

But it was incredibly cool to meet a buddy I have known for years via Garagejournal.com who lives with his wife who tollerates his treasures.

Later Luz came from her classes she had been teaching and served us a traditional dinner that her mum had prepared for their guests. Perfect way to end the evening.

We crashed out and went to sleep as we had probably averaged under 4hrs per night since we left the UK, next morning Luz made us pancakes for breakfast and rather spectacular coffee.

Then we went out to see Herbs little shop.

On an American scale, I would say it is large, in fact, very large..... On a British scale..... Well, just stupidly big.

The new big shed...... It's the second time he has had it built, and enlarged it after having real problems with the first build.

It is deceptive as there is another shop diagonally around the rear too.

The little shop. Home to his Hearse, Beach Buggy, VW Beetle and other treasures was first.

HEAVEN !!!!!

The hearse, currently undergoing restoration. I took him some old Funeral company side plates that would go in the side window as advertising to add to the composition.

There were so many treasures to behold, so again, I guess I got a bit "junk drunk" except nothing Herb has is really junk.

Perfect nest boxes for the Blue Tits that nest at my garage every year, guess I will have to make some. Herb did offer me one, whichnImdeclined due to my ever increasing load of spares and treasures.

These 4 foot high Chickens are made in Mexico and sold in various places, Imwould so love to have one here at home. Just because I can.

No petrol head worth his spanners would say no to this selection and shelving unit, again a treasure Herb would have snagged up at an auction somewhere.

To close this posting out with, in order to keep Volkszone happy with the 10 photo limit...... Per posting.

A real issued number plate/tag.

If you are religious it is interesting having these two messages together.

Herb, like me collects number plates too, and it was interesting recognising South African and English plates I had sent him in the past.

More in a bit.

Time for a coffee
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote