The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
jakesblazer

2WD Blazer winter project!

Hey guys. My blazer is a 1972 2wd with the 250 l6 3speed manual. I got this truck for a project many years ago and never finished it due to a move and bla bla. When i got it the engine was rebuilt with new flat pistons bored .30 and bigger cam, headers. Was done by the PO so I don't have specifics. Was told it had a high speed rear end. It had a 4 barrel aluminum intake with a 2 barrel holly carb. This setup wasn't good. I'd why but it was pumping fuel into the crankcase. Probably a carb prob? I got a stock intake manifold and a monojet carb to try and bring it back to life. Took a pause in the project for a few months, when I came back I realized the spark I used to have is gone. I used a tester and had 12v at the coil on both sides.i used a Plug light and it said no light between coil and distributor. So I'm guessing coil is bad? Now I'm currently wating on a new hei distributor with coil inside type(should be here Thursday). I decided to start this thread to keep all my pics and questions and answers all in one place. I already got a lot of info about changing over to a hei distributor from this site. I'm sure I'll have more questions before I'm done. I will post a bunch of pics soon so we can see the whole deal!
jakesblazer is offline   Reply With Quote