The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
tmg619

1970 4x4 ls truck build

Hey guys, I just picked up this truck the other day and started tearing it apart. It is a 1970 but has a 67-8 front clip on it. I need some help with this build and some direction as I cannot make up my own mind on a few things. I hate chopping things up (which I will explain later) so I wanted to at least put the right front clip on. And I like the 69-70 front end anyways. The other issue is that I have to find a cab as this one is not in the best of condition. Lets just say the other guy who did it was not a body guy. I will post some pics so you can see. Now for some decision making. I know I want a 69-70 front end. I know i want to do an ls and I know what colors I want. My big delima is I have anther 1970 c20 2wd stake truck that I can use for parts. Why I don't want to do this is because I would hate to ruin a perfectly good truck by parting it out to use a cab and front end. Maybe I am over thinking this and maybe the truck isn't that rare. It has the raised hats for the cab lights and is a dually. Please help so I can get this build started I don't know what to do. Please chime in with ideas and thoughts. I am also new to the site so I am not to sure how to post pictures.
tmg619 is offline   Reply With Quote