The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
Mrturner1

Re: Starting my engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
One thing I like to do is to make sure I finish a sub-project such that the vehicle runs and drives. So if I was going to do some engine work and then some suspension work, I'd want to get it on the road and sorted out and debugged on the engine work before I started the suspension work.

Normally, since none of us are perfect and few of us are professionals, you build up a set of "bugs" that need to be fixed, but if you don't stop along the way to fix those, they just accumulate so that when you want to go out and test your new brakes you find out it stalls instead of driving. Too hard to fix multiple things at once, so get it back up and running right in between projects.

Hope that makes sense.
Yep I'm mowin what your growin I'd like to get the truck all the way into the garage and up pretty high on jack stands while doing the suspension too. No point in breaking my back and trying to squeeze under this thing. Pulling it in will be much easier with a running truck. I'll have to resist the urge to romp on it I guess until the whole truck is ready lol
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote