The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
kidd79

86 C10 2wd 6.0 6L90E (Long Tube Header Advise)

Guys.
I need your expertise. I have an 86 C10 2wd Single Cab Short bed. I am in the process of installing a 6.0 and 6L90E, not an 80E... Everyone seems to think I make a mistake by saying 90E... But it's a 90. Anyways, my question is, does anyone know of any Long Tube Headers that I can purchase that will fit without me having to notch the frame on my truck, or heat and bend the headers. You know "Direct fit bolt in and go" long tube. I have searched high and low, read almost everything there is to read on this forum, and haven't been able to find the exact answer to my question/application. I keep seeing everyone has a 4L this or that trans and what they're using for headers, but not much on the 6L Trans. I have contacted several header manufacturers and they all say that they have only test fit their headers on swaps with the 4L series trans. Getting pretty frustrated at this point . Any and all help on this will be greatly appreciated. Also, I have a set of the dirty dingo slider mounts if that makes a difference or not in the combination of parts swapping for fitment of the headers. Part#'s and a website link to order from would be the bees knees.
kidd79 is offline   Reply With Quote