The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
cdog73

Z'ing my frame??

Ok guys, so I've came to the realization that I'm not ready to drop 5k plus for all of the Porterbuilt suspension I would need to put my truck on the ground like I want to, so I've decided to Z the front and possibly a 3 link the rear. My reason for this post is to hear the do's and dont's when doing this type of set up. Should I go with a straight cut or an angle cut to push the wheels forward an inch. I'm not building this truck to sell, I'm building it to drive and enjoy. I know people are still doing the Z because it wasn't to long ago a truck with a Z got the cover of street trucks. I just want all of you guys with the knowledge of doing this to give a brother a hand in what to do and what not to do. Pictures are very helpful. Steering info will be greatly helpful. Anything that Nate P., Delmo, Keith Stephens, or Dino want to throw in would be great also. Help me out here guys, cause I want to do this right the first time. Thanks for everything in advance everyone. All help is welcomed. So the truck I'm going to be performing the Z on is a 1971 c10 shortbed. Thanks again guys.
cdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote