The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Mrturner1

Need some assistance installing locker in 12 bolt

Hey all, I'm putting a locker or tru trac in my 12 bolt, haven't decided yet but I'm tired of 100' one leggers and if this puppy is ever gonna be fast I need both tires a'spinnin lol. I'm looking at Powertrax lock right and obviously Eaton tru trac. What I don't wanna do is remove stuff I don't know how to replace, which is why I'm leaning towards a Powertrax lock right. This is a fun truck, only driven when I want to burn some rubber or cruise around. It will make it to the track soon! Never intend to do 11's with wheelies, but I'm putting a 3000rpm Coan converter soon as well. I know lockers aren't great in the weather, but this truck gets taken apart during the rainy cold season so I'm not worried about it

I took the diff cover off, removed the 4 carrier bolts, removed the pin bolt and pin, and pulled the axles out about a foot or so. That's where I am, and I need a little help on what to do next. If I go with an Eaton tru trac do I have to remove the ring and pinion? AND, if I go with the lock right locker, what's the next step?
Attached Images

Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote