The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
beanious

Smile Rear Frame Repair 71 K10 Shortbed

Hello all, I am going to be repairing the rear frame of my truck. The damaged section of frame is in the back behind the leaf spring perches, where the bumper mounts attach to the frame. It's a classic case of previous owner damage, finally being repaired. I believe the frame was damaged in an accident and then repaired using junk. Summarization of the issues: welded in trailer hitch, spring perches welded on, rear cross member cracked in half, bottom rear 7" of frame rail missing. I am going to attempt to fix all of these issues and after completed install a Curt 14082 trailer hitch and an Aerotank 40 gallon gas tank. I know this may seem like a lot to do, but I've had classes in welding, completed larger automotive tasks. I am also looking forward to having a functional trailer hitch and much larger gas tank. As I progress through the repairs I will be posting pictures to assist others in the repair process and to ask for advice as one off questions arise. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Bryan B.
1971 K10, SWB, 350, TH350, 8" Lift, 35" tires, Etc...
beanious is offline   Reply With Quote