The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #27
made2drag

Re: any freestyle bike collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
I was so in love with my bikes...that's where I started the hot rod fascination. On the weekends, I would tear them down, clean grease and adjust everything and I probably packed the crank bearings about once a month. I always had the best bike in the neighborhood and wound up fixing all my friends bikes. I bet we put 150 miles/week or more on them. There was a local bike shop in on Santa Fe Dr. in old Overland Park, KS that was so nice to us little hellions. I can't remember the name but they are gone now.

I loved my '92 GT Vertigo so much I kept it for many many years because I was going to give it to a son if I ever had one. A few years ago, I let it go in a yard sale thinking they'd never be collectors items. It was exactly like this on the Christmas day when I got it but I put on a GT "wings" sprocket, chrome seat post, metal pedals, new grips and ditched the chain guard and reflectors. My son is the same age now as when I got mine. Sure would be nice to have it back so he could ride it or at least hang it in the shop.
sweet. Yeah, that neon yellow Vertigo with the double bottom tube like that is pretty desirable these days. I hope you at least sold it for the price those tires are going for now ($150).

They can be found on ebay if you still want a rolling memory maker. My bikes take me back to the good ole days too. I wasn't much of the mechanic back then but I picked up most of my love for tinkering and customizing from bikes.

They make 22" and 24" bmx now these days for us gray headed dudes if you want to cruise around with your son
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote