The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
lockdun1

Passed down 59' Chevy Apache

This truck had been in my family since the early 70's when my uncle Bobby brought it home from California. It was the Given to my Uncle Eddie who soon after crashed and it, rebuilt it and dropped in a 283 power pak/th400 combo. Eddie passed in 81' in a car accident and the truck has sat in the shed since. Well in 90' I was born I became his namesake and new owner to the truck. I learned a few thing on it as a child like how to set timing and rebuild an old holley but it never interested me. I always wanted a Camaro or something along those lines and never gave it much attention. Well earlier in the year me and my grandfather had decided to pull it out and get it road worthy again but sadly he passed last month before we started. I had planned on selling off some of my bikes and getting a c4 ready frame but after seeing how much rust is on her Ill be spending the money on body work instead and worrying about crazy suspension later on.I will be using performance on-line's stage two mono suspension kit for sure and considering their front disk set up. The 283 still runs grate but the water jackets are filled with rust from sitting(even locked up the water pump ,it's bad)but I'm hoping to keep it. The Th400 needs a rebuild its been sitting for years and dry to boot. Tried posting pics but only half of the photos came out I'll try again in a bit.
lockdun1 is offline   Reply With Quote