The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Cesar Diaz

Ignition Unfused posts always hot

after finally getting this 72 C 10 Cheyenne to run after installing new fuel tank vape lines, fuel lines and a brand new speed Demon Holley Carb truck fired up first shot but we can not turn it off. After adjusting idle advances still no luck. I am no mechanic. And the old quadrant which was leaking like a sieve would diesel a bit when you shut it off but it would at least shut off.

I was checking fuses and terminals at fuse block & upon testing Ignition Unfused terminals realized they are always hot! Battery has been draining and I thought it was because horn button did not have a spring so horn would randomly go off so I just disconnected the horn but I realize that if horn contact is still engage it would drain battery. I've since fixed the horn but can't figure out why the truck won't turn off and why ignition Unfused terminals are constant hot.

I even unplugged the ignition switch thinking that might cut power to ignition Unfused terminals but it did not. Any ideas?

BtW truck has HEI dist

1972 C10 Cheyenne w 402 and 4 on the floor
Cesar Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote