The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2016, 12:57 AM   #1
lots-o-bunnys

71 k10 restomod

My name is Eric and I currently own a 1971 Chevrolet K10.
It was passed down to me from my grandfather, who had owned it since it was almost new. He hasn't driven it in over 26 years and it has been a dream of mine to restore it!
I started by doing a frame-off restoration of the truck a year-and-a-half ago. Since then, I have mocked up the whole drivetrain, including a LS1 ( which I plan on using his supercharged 6.2 lsa for final assembly ) and a 5-speed transmission coupled to a np205 t-case that I bought for it.
I powdercoated the axles, installed a Eaton locker and disc brakes. I then disassembled the whole truck and had the frame powdercoated along with the 6 inch lift springs with polyurethane bushings. The truck has received a Boyd welding aluminum fuel tank with dual pumps plumbed* in with all -AN hoses and aluminum hard line. There have been a lot of one-off touches that have gone into this project that a lot of typical enthusiasts would never notice. But being a perfectionist, I want it to be done the way it should have been from day 1!* The next phase of this project will consist of installing the new engine ( which I have not purchased yet) and preparing the cab for Sheet Metal and body work on my custom rotisserie I have it mounted to. Everyone feel free to ask questions im sure ill have many to ask you myself!
Attached Images

Last edited by lots-o-bunnys; 10-10-2016 at 01:04 AM.
lots-o-bunnys is offline   Reply With Quote