The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
BattleBorn

First time truck buyer questions

Hello my truck people! I have been looking for a truck for a couple months and I narrowed it down to a couple choices.

My questions are how much rust is too much? I searched on this forum but I didn't really get the answers I was looking for.

My father in law says any rust should be a deal breaker.. but it's damn near impossible to find these trucks with no rust.

On one of my choices for a truck the rockerpanel is rusted through. I'm going to check out the truck this weekend. I'm attaching a pic. (Non blue truck)

On the other truck (blue truck)nothing is rusted through but the rocker panels are bubbling. And the guy sent me pics of the drip rail and to me it looks like they covered something up? Is that normal? I don't know what an untouched driprail looks like.

The other thing is both trucks are about a 6 hour drive away. They say the trucks are running but is it crazy to think I can drive these six hours? (I know it's gonna depend on the truck and it's probably a crap shoot. I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone has done anything like this successfully)

Would love to hear opinions and experiences. Thanks!
Attached Images

BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote