The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #11
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeyfan View Post
Hi Frizzle,
A challenge is one word for it. I don't want to hijack your thread with my rubbish, but I thought I'd share an example of what I am up against. The repaired inner wing does look a bit odd, that's because I had nothing to base it on. That was made using a bench vice, a hammer and lots of swearing.
All the repair sections I have made myself. There just does not seem to be any new / old stock panels for these old Rootes cars.
If I ever get this car running it will be a miracle, perhaps I should have let the Junk yard cube it.
I can't wait to see your car finished.
Regards Jeff.
Wow man. You'll be a metal magician by the time you're done with that!. I like the way you eliminated the seam between the rocker and rear 1/4 wheel arch. Looks familiar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMag View Post
Frizzle,

I have consistently enjoyed reading the progress you've made. Having spent the last week reading this thread, I must commend you for such outstanding work. I have read hundreds of vehicle build threads over the years and I can honestly say your attention to detail is stunning.

Props to you, sir... now give this beautiful little car the last bit of work she needs and start driving!

PS-Are you planning on heading to the Beaches cruise-in at PIR this summer?
Thank you very much! I damn well better have it at PIR Beaches this summer!! See you there?
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote