The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
alt76

Fuses keep burning out. . . .

Hi I'm new here. Thought I'd see if anyone could help me out or make recommendations on the issues I currently noticed.

I recently converted my externally regulated alternator to an internal one on my 1972 Chevy K10 pickup truck. It's a 1/2 ton with a 350 engine, in case you need to know that info. Well I followed this video http://bit.ly/2mTgXMq and worked like a charm, BUT all of a sudden I no longer have parking/tail lights of any kind, as well as, the lights on my instrument/dash panel. I did find two fuses (the old glass cylinder type) that had blown/burnt out, so I replaced them. Well those blew out again. Any ideas? Is the new internally regulated alternator sending out too many amps that those fuses cannot handle? Do these trucks have a relay for these specifically (the parking/tail lights)? I just cannot figure out what is going on and with electrical, I'm at a loss at this point.

Look forward to your help!
alt76 is offline   Reply With Quote