The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
50bomb

Patima 1962 c10 stepside

Yes I know I did not spell patina right but that's how my neighbor back when i was in garden grove,ca would call my first vehicle which was a 64 c10 shorty. PATIMA so I got a second chance on a shortbed and I am hoping nothing gets in my way of the build and keeping it for the rest of my life. I bought it this past sunday. Been watching it on craiglist for almost 2 months. Finally!!!! I love these 60-66 so much. its ridiculous.

Anywho its a 1962 c10 short stepper as you can see. It has some rot on the floors and some patch that were riveted/bolted on but the good thing is the roof and pillars are cancer free. The motor is either a 283 or 327 with a 4speed granny low. I want to convert it to an automatic but not sure between the sluggish th350 or 700r.

Rear end the previous owners swapped out a 3/4 ton for a 67-68 chevelle 10 bolt. its just barely hanging in there its not centered but I think im going to find an original rear end . Does anyone know if all 60-66 differential will bolt up? But forsure i have a 60-62 lined up to buy. Well I will keep you all updated on this build. I will ad more pictures sorry not the best i took so far but my dad is in the picture giving the approvable. Thanks Dad for inspiring me and getting me into the 60-66 chevy truck era!
Attached Images