The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #11
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Thanks fellas. Getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
Nice progress! Try a stripper disc. It works a lot faster than the wire brush. It wont get in the tight areas but you can hit those with the cup brush after.

I wouldn't use the POR15 though. I tried it. Prepped exactly like the instructions said. Some of it was hard as a rock. Some pealed in sheets. I ended up stripping it and painting it with 2k epoxy. Never have had an issue with epoxy.

What camera are you using. Those are great pics. I have been wanting to up my photography game.
Good tips, I have been weary of POR15 because of all the bad stories. I don't have a paint gun, and have never given it a shot so is a 2k epoxy primer something I can use from the rattle can like Eastwood has or should it be sprayed with a gun properly?

I have a canon 6d that I use for the decent looking ones. I used to do a lot of photography but have kinda been sidetracked by the truck lately. I have a whole line of lenses though... sigma 35mm 1.4, canon 50 mm 1.8, rokinon 14mm 2.8, canon 24-105mm f4 and a canon 40mm 2.8. I tend to shoot mostly with the 50 though which ironically is probably the cheapest of the bunch.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote