The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
Rust hole

frame off advice

So I made the decision to pull the body off and start from the ground up. Not looking to go crazy with it at all. I was hoping to get some advice on the best way to get the body off without a lift and make a cradle to hold it. I was thinking a wood cradle to save a few $$ for parts. Is this a good option? Is there something/problem spot to look for while doing this? Should I even take the body off?

Once the body is off what do you guys recommend for frame paint? I want to go with air ride but not a full porter built kit ( not in my budget), rear disk and a good cleaning. Also new fuel and brake lines and all the rubber parts.

BTW its a 72 with a 305 2 barrel 350 turbo with P/S and P/B. looking for a good cruiser and occasional daily. I don't think I have the budget for an LS but Really don't know how much that will be so not out of the question but definitely need A/C here in Fl. This will hopefully only be a 2-3 year project. I do have some seed money to start but most will be pay as I go while I have the bosses blessing!

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks, Damon
Rust hole is offline   Reply With Quote