The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
Tator

Need help understanding options

1st off, long time lurker. Finally decided to register after beating my head against the wall looking for answers.

I have a 72 SWB that has been in the family since 74. It was given to me when I graduated high school in 2000.

This truck has been sitting more than driven. Sat for several years in the mid 80's, engine was replaced in the early 90's and was driven about 500 miles before it was parked again in the mid 90's, where it is still sitting.

I am telling that bit of story to highlight that I am sure and my parents are sure that nothing on that truck has been changed. i.e. cab swap, interior changes, etc. The only non original body panel is the tailgate. Dad was rear ended a long time ago.

The history is unknown from 72-74.

Now on to the truck itself.

1972 Cheyenne SWB
originally a 307, 3 speed on the column
now a 350, super t-10
Dark olive
Green interior
Buckets/console, these have been recovered in the 80's. Not original material but original to the truck.
Non A/c
Headliner with trim
Tach
Wood grain on the door panels, glove box, instrument cluster
Outside trim is also wood grain
Has upper belt trim also
Cargo light

From the searching I have done, could the instrument cluster been an option? I have gathered that only the super came with the wood grain cluster.

The SPID is in the glove box but I cannot get it open at the moment. I remember as a young kid looking at the sticker when we wold play in it like a club house.

This truck was my mothers 1st vehicle. It has sat more than 1/2 its life and I am finally in a position in life to give it the attention it deserves.

Any further insight would be appreciated.
Tator is offline   Reply With Quote