The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
Daaaanz67

Well this happened today.

Well after being on the road for five years, I experienced my first hiccup. I don't post a lot on this site but thought some may find this interesting. Here's a little back ground on my truck. The truck was built in 2012. Installed 2006 LS 4.8 4l60e. Modified the original harness myself. Drive by wire pedal, cruise control. Although I'm not a full time mechanic, I do have a back ground in automotive and full access to a shop with all the latest diagnostic equipment. Last night while driving my truck, it just suddenly stopped. Luckily the road was all down hill and I was able to coast back into town. After a tow to my friends shop, it took approximately two hours to figure this out. Let me back track a little, during the five years of being on the road, I experienced on three occasions that the truck was hard to start and require prolonged cranking. On one of the occasions after letting the truck sit for a while it started right up and would run. These incidents were so far apart from each time that I was unable to figure it out. In the shop, we checked crank, cam sensors both were good. Checked fuel pressure, it was a spot on. Checked injector pulse signal on the even side, it was good. Did not check the odd side we just assumed they were all pulsing. The truck had spark fuel and compression but would not run. We were really confused. We then ran an injector bleed down test. We found the injectors on 2 4 6 8 bank would bleed off pressure but 1 3 5 7 would not. Found odd side injectors were not getting any power. Traced the problem back to the fuse block. The fuse block was by current performance. I discovered that one of the connectors that the fuse pushed into was making intermitten contact with the fuse. It had worked itself back inside the box. I don't think the connector was ever seated correctly since day one. Think I also found my intermittent start issue. I'm not trying to say anything bad about current performance as I would use this same product again. Guess the moral of the storie is no matter what check your fuse box and make sure all the terminals are seated all the way down as this could have been a night mare.
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote