The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Direct TV may not like me now

Knock at the door, I answer with my 1911 hidden but in hand. It's a midget looking guy with a clipboard and name badge hanging around his neck. Instant dork status claim. I try to be nice and let him spill his bowl of beans. He started with small talk and I quickly enticed him to pick up the pace.
"I was in the area" (pile of crap story if I ever heard one). "I'm with Midco (cable and phone service provider) and Direct TV"

"Hold on a minute. Take a few steps back and look on my roof. What do you see on the north end?"

"A TV antenna"

By this time I'm in the yard 5 steps in front of him and my 1911 is back in my holster, open carry of course.

"Now, ask me why I have an antenna on the roof"

Any smart guy would have surveyed the situation and left in a hurry, not this guy.

"Why do you have an antenna on your roof?"

"I've tried cable, Direct TV, and Dish Network. All 3 failed during severe weather when I need them the most. I also refuse to pay ever increasing monthly fees for ever decreasing channels only to be confronted with exceptionally poor customer service. 5 years ago I decided to put that antenna up there and have been very pleased every single day. Not once have I had an issue. I spent less than 1 months worth of your fees and nothing since. If you were smart you would take a good look around and make a decision to leave and never come back"

He just stood there for 10 seconds in silence then left with a "Thank you, have a good day"
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote