The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #11
cmabolt

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Ok, I'm stoked! Been having to run the engine at around 22 BTDC to keep it running decent. Not good. Pulled the carb and been doing a lot of reading. Tore it down and went through to make sure the rebuilder set things right inside. Mostly did. I went ahead and drilled out the holes the idle mixture screws go in to about .091. Followed a bunch of directions to adjust everything for choke.

Well, hot day today and choke never engaged, but got the thing running again. Was actually able to set timing to specs from engine paperwork. 10 degrees BTDC at 650 rpm, and it was right at 32 BTDC at 3000 rpm. Just like it is supposed to be! Paperwork said to expect 10-12 vacuum on this engine and I've already got 10 and still have a little tuning to do. Warmed up, the truck is now idling great! Finally seems like I'm on the right track at least...

In other news, I'd ordered a headliner to finish the interior. Its bulky so ground shipping, and I figured they might have to wait until the manufacturer had one in the fabric I chose. Any case I finally got around to checking the status. Supposedly it was delivered on my front porch 8 days ago. Never saw it... First time out of at least 100 orders I've made on this truck that has happened.
Yup that happened to me except UPS had delivered all my stuff to another address. They eventually tracked it down and I got it. Sure was fun waiting an extra week for my stuff though.

Those interior pieces look great Rick! Can't wait to see this thing completed already. Vroom Vroom!
Chris