The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Weekend is over..... again?

Spent it over at Katy's place.

It was a hot one, BBQ Saturday late and Sunday early bootfair at RSPCA charity boot fair with £1.00 Charitable donation entry fee.

Everything we got was 50p per item or £1.00 and then really good Bacon rolls with two large chunks of fried bacon and a large instant coffee, total £6.00

Glass hearts for Katy at £1.00 each made her happy, because though hating bootfairs, she knows her prices and likes a bit of a bargain.
These were bought for the garden, but found to be too nice, so after a wash, found their way into the house, dangling in front of the windows.

Katy did most of the driving this weekend so my view from the passenger seat was mostly this.....

After the bootfair we spent close to 5 hours helping her parents, who at age 73/75 have decided to sell their house and move to the coast, so it was furniture dismantling, ornament moving, furniture, and all the television sets etc.....
Then we moved some furniture about 15 miles away into a storage unit for her sister who is getting some tables, chairs etc.

Never been in one of these modern storage units, no idea on cost etc, but have to say it is a really great idea and the facilities were faultless.

Late lunch at 4.00pm then back to her place.

At 5.30 it was still hot as anything but we decided to go ride the bikes.

I had anticipated a gentle saunter through some fields, maybe a mile or two, but it seems Katy is made of sterner stuff.
While riding was slow, I was able to explain to her the workings of gearchange, which till now was not part of her rides.
I had previously also raised her new gel saddle by about 100mm so that she could ride more efficiently and comfortably

In the end we did do 5km away from her home and then back, I did a bit of a hilly detour the last kilometre so that I could work a bit harder.

Happy to say, my legs were rubbery after the last kilometre.

So for those still watching to see me in Lycra for this Charity Bicycle Ride..........

It has happened, I bought some cycling shorts, for under my cargo pants, and it sucks, may be more comfy, but when you walk, it feels like you pooped yourself.

And the donations/support/sponsorships continue to come in.

Australia, England etc....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERY DOLLAR, POUND, RAND ETC....

I hope you all have a good week, it seems it will be hot in the UK.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote