The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
briank

1970 gmc jimmy (Don)

Heres my jump back into k5/jimmys after I had to sell all my others to down size from country life to in town life, small garage living. I found it thanks to the craigslist find thread and wasnt really looking to buy since I have a 90 Grand Wagoneer and no room for a new rig (wife's new car sits next to the jeep in our 2 car garage.) Anyways I checked out the ad and was hooked...but it was in Washington State. I took the plunge and called the seller and got a good feel from him. Talked to him quite a bit and liked what I heard and the pictres he sent. A deal was made and I had it shipped back to Illinois. This Jimmy was bought new by the sellers grandfather (Don) and it lived its entire life in Oxnard, California until his death in 2013. Thats when the current owner flew to So Cal ,gassed it up and drove it 1000 miles back to Camas, Wa where they replaced carb , intake , dist etc to make it more driver friendly for his wife. (All original parts were packed in the jimmy and came with along with a bunch of other stuff and memorabilia.) They decided to sell rather then let it sit covered in the drive. I received the original window sticker, bill of sale, protecto plate, owners manual dealer brochure...etc. Don was also an avid off roader and added a bunch of hickey parts and I even have an original hickey catalog that came with, along with a list of the parts Don had purchased from Hickey and added to the Jimmy. He took this rig all over as evidenced by his plaques he added to the glovebox door and windshield frame. The original glovebox is off the vehicle and set aside. I plan on cleaning it up...replacing the tires but probably keeping the hickey(I think) aluminum wheels. I may remove the lights on the bumper. Overall the vehicle is very solid...has a spot of rust on upper windshield frame...some bubbles in the front corners of the doors(my other Cali truck had rust here in the doors too??) Bed floor and bedsides along with rocker boxes are solid. One tiny spot on passenger floor by kickpanel. Here are some pictures.......
Attached Images

briank is offline   Reply With Quote