The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #20
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
They are reusable as long as they aren't stretched too far. The Cummins head gasket kits come with a stretch gauge. The price varies on what injection pump you have. You probably have a 160 on that 94 and they aren't as desirable. They are finicky and don't fuel as well as a 180 or 215. Plus they have a different cam in them that makes them move less fuel. Still an ok pump but not a big dollar pump. A 180 will bring the most and 215s are right behind them. Mileage and condition of the pump are a part of the price too.
The engine has 246k miles on it. How do I check to see what pump it is and what kind of price should I ask, if it is a 160, for it when I go to sell it?

Now that I have put a few hundred miles on it, I think that when I have it in the Suburban I actually may want more power out of it, So far I have only gotten about 15 lbs of boost going up a steep hill full throttle. Is that the maximum boost I should expect, or am I just not going to get more because I am not loaded enough?
It also smokes a little once it is "hot" at idle. What could that mean? it is a white smoke.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote