The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

thanks fellas! I have been driving it and trust it more and more. I dont like to sell them till they are mostly sorted (its that "sell your house in better shape than you ever lived in" thing). I had a scare yesterday, selling a bumper from the last project and driving about 15 minutes to deliver it, truck started running rough and had a BIG tick, like SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP. I pulled over and poked around, one of the plug wires didnt get seated and was arcing on the exhaust WHEW. it sounded all the world like a dropped valve or broken spring.

gave the bed a coat of timber oil to help protect the cedar.
IMG_7051 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I also noticed that I had an unintentional cup holder between the seats, which is great because I like getting a giant unsweeet tea every chance I get, in fact I should have a "wheres waldo" contest with the QT cups in the backgrounds of my pictures. but I never plan enough to install anything to hold them. this worked out (un)sweet!
IMG_7032 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I have done other little stuff, inside handles, tying up wiring here and there, planning for bumpers.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote