The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Ochre configuration?
First pic. Two-tone Deluxe. Not original but close enough. 36 85.71%
Second pic. Standard two-tone. Mostly original, just belts added. 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Taking another shot on paint scheme - Progress

Yeah a repeat about paint & config........ Probably a repeat on a repeat x3.

Painter called today, he's inspired. Thought I lost him. He wants to know what color. I've spent 28 years pondering that, and I'm close

Anyway, this is an original build. The original config. was two tone Ochre and White (Ochre bottom and White cab top). No moldings outside the paint separator.

Either way I'm adding moldings, so it won't be quite to the SPID anyway. But I've decided on Ochre.

Only question is standard two-4 tone Ochre and White, or two-tone deluxe Ochre and White? Deluxe is the paint separated between moldings (1st image). I'm leaning toward two tone deluxe, and the painter agrees. But still undecided.

What do you guys think?

On a side, we've decided to paint under the bed with a bed liner with some sheen. Something he recommends. I THINK these were body color from factory (confirmation?), but seems it wouldn't hold up as well.

Dude has had my bed for two years. No problem there, I still have a suspension to remove. He's sprayed it with primer. He said he had it to a beautiful shine, and that's a beautiful thing. Pics. pending. Looks like we're prepping under the bed next week, and he wants the whole body. Say when man, can't wait.

On a side, the deluxe would look best with the antenna I'm adding. All else on the exterior will be original. It's a fat -ball fixed mast on a high crown bezel. Best of both worlds IMO, with a fat-ball to boot. The original parts on 67-68 Corvettes.

All input appreciated. These trucks are nice. At least one belonged to a board member.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 11-11-2017 at 10:55 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote