The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
nrb's70gmc

Stories That Make You Smile

Back in 1999 when i started high school, like many kids you start thinking about getting your driving licence and thinking about your first car.

i was no diffrent, i wanted a 1967-72 k20-k30 (3/4-1 ton 4wd gmc)

i wanted a gmc vs chevy (like the 4 headlights better)
i wanted a 4wd vs 2wd (based on weather ware i live)
i wanted a 3/4-1 ton vs 1/2 ton (hard to beat dana 60 rear axle)

with this all said, above all else i wanted the truck 3/4-1ton regardless 4wd or not
i ended up with a 2 owner 1970 gmc 3/4 ton 2wd 350ci/th350 combo
its a pretty cool truck
factory a/c
two saddle tanks under bed sides
tool box on side of bed
tool box in back of bed
big elephant ear mirrors
had trailer brake set up (factory option?)
had cruise control (factory option?)

had a $300 baby blue macco paintjob.

Its basiclly been a daily driver since 2001 (when i baught it)
put a crate long block in it 2004. put thorley headers and magnaflow mufflers (ive driven it (est 20,000 since i baught truck.

up untill summer of 2016 i really didnt do much to it except for regular maintnece stuff.

painted whole truck light primer gray (roof gloss white) (still needs body work done)

This post is getting long, i just wanted to give you a little back ground on my truck. (its not a show winner by any means)

The point of this post is that no matter the condition of my truck their has always been someone that has commented me on it.

my truck sort of rocks with the lope of the motor at idle (like driving though parking lot in gear) old dudes always give me the thumbs up and it makes me smile.

gas stations high school kids in there hondas come up to me and say nice truck.

older men and woman will knock on my window and make it a point to tell me they like it or it sounds beautiful.

of course they cant see the rotted rocker panels holes in the bare metal floor or that my leg hurts from fighting a failing brake booster with 4 wheel drums.

maybe my truck stands out to them to me just primer gray but it makes for a positive day when someone says something.

i could spend $50,000 on my truck in one day if i had it. but all these people old and young remind me that you dont always need to have a ton of money invested for it to be nice.

every compliment i get i always smile and say thank you.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had stories like this. Driving around in a less than steller truck but someone usually random will compliment you on it.

It will always make me smile.
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote