The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #20
pete57

Re: Question on lean condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown5079 View Post
I use my truck just as a means of transportation. Trips to the hardware, walmart, cruise around town or go see a friend. never wot. It runs great. After I drive it several times (50 miles or so ) just as I am putting it away, I notice the check engine light is on. If you look at my buildsite, I do have a 180 degree bend in the intake pipe from the air cleaner. Full 4" pipe, but could that cause an issue with the MAF sensor that would trigger a lean condition? Also, it doesn't seem like I am getting real good gas mileage and smells rich when I pull it into the garage. Puzzling, and I would like to get it resolved, which is why I was interested in pete57's post. Thanks for the come back. Maybe we can both learn something. tbrown
Yeah, same with mine. Only throws the codes after i drive it for a few miles. Runs great other than that. I was thinking on the bigger air intake pipe and open element also, plus long tube headers on mine, maybe its just not tuned right.?. My 1st time really trouble shooting a newer computer control engine like this.
pete57 is offline   Reply With Quote