The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
Cbo68

Engine mount concern

New member here even though I’ve google enough questions about my project that always leads me here so I decided to join up. I’m nearing the end of my full restore project and starting to have some questions/concerns

Has anyone seen this style of engine mounts attached to the crossmember. My truck is a 1968 4x4 3/4 ton. When I bought it the owner told me it originally had an I6 installed and I could drop a v8 directly on the the current mounts. I did this and first ran into some clearance issues with my big cap hei distributor so I changed it to a msd ready to run hei with an external coil. It fit but the plug wires do ride the firewall a bit. Now I’m noticing I can’t even drop the oil pan or even remove it because it hits the cross member before I can slide it out. Is there anything I should be concerned about with this current setup? I’ve attached some pics.

Thank you for your help and hopefully I’ve submitted this in the correct location
Attached Images

Cbo68 is offline   Reply With Quote