The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #11
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Don’t forget that the outer rocker will probably cover that area. I think the x area is fine, all the replacement lower pieces aren’t formed worth a crap so don’t start thinking that it’s correct.
Thanks, Mike. I think I did damage it a little when I removed the brace. I had a friend of mine that is good with body work take a look at it, and he agrees with you that I should just leave it alone. When I compare the right and left sides I see a small difference in the shape of the upper part of the pillar, but I don't think I need to worry about it. The door hinges will still be in the right place, which is what matters the most. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfranklin View Post
It keeps getting better!
Thanks, Matt. I finally feel like I am making some progress with the cab. It has seemed so far away in the past. Hopefully when I get to the point where I test fit the doors, it won't be a disaster.

Quote:
See on the top right pic how one area is close on the surface? I’d put a spot there then use ether a body hammer and or a small screwdriver to start pushing the metal of the patch into place then tag it as you go, just take your time to let the spots cool.
Quote:
No, just been waiting for better weather. On the lower piller it’s better to have the door side match up then the front side, try using a couple clamps to squeeze the other side into place. The metal moves easy enough to pull it in, don’t mess with the stock pillar!
Okay, so I will line up the door side, then work the metal to match on the front of the pillar. Should be able to manage that. Thanks. I will give it a shot this weekend.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote