The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Coley

Smile Turn Signal Switch Installation- experts?

Ok....just checking to see if there are any experts in the forum that have changed out their turn signal switch...particularly a tilt column turn signal switch?

I ordered a new one for my truck because the little screw that holds the turn signal lever in place kept getting loose due to what I thought were stripped threads on the screw.
Well, a new screw...slightly longer may have fixed the problem.

Regardless, I was looking at what it takes to fully complete this change out and I would like to know....how in the heck do you feed that connector down the column to the bottom?
Do you remove all the wires from the connector, push them through the limited column access 'tunnel'....then reconnect them again later, hopefully in the right slots?
What else worked well?....again I have mine free and clear apart from the wiring harness....but I figured I would put the operation on pause until I had some and better information on this change out.

Anyone who has some experience with this....please weigh in with what has worked for you.

Many Thanks
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote