The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
Bluegoose972

Soft Top Installation - HELP!!!

Having problems with my soft top installation. The directions that are provided from STC are the pits. Here are a few questions:

1) There's a small angle bracket that bolts onto the window frame, for support of the horizontal window brace. There is three holes in the window frame. From the STC directions, it looks like the bracket uses the outside bolt hole. On my blazer, on both sides (passenger and driver), there is only an open hole at this outside mounting location. So:
a) I'm using the wrong location;
b) This is the right location and I'm suppose to weld a nut in position.
c) There was a nut there at one time, but it has been removed somehow and I need to weld a new one in position.

2) The aluminum bed rails are suppose to line up with existing holes in the bed. After the first call the STC's tech line, I finally figured out how the brackets were suppose to be installed since none of the bolt locations matched up. I actually had to just drill new holes and I'll weld up the old holes when I get to the body work. But they didn't supply nuts for the bolts. Not a big deal, but is there suppose to be nuts welded in position on the bed rails? Does anyone have these nuts welded on their blazer? I would just like to make sure that I'm not missing something.

3) Does anyone have a picture of how the horizontal window brace mounts in position? I thought I had things pretty well positioned last night, but when I closed the door, the door frame at the top of the vent window hits the window brace. I'm not sure if this is right since the directions are so bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys/gals,
Rick
Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote